Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Randy Couture Talks of Retiring...Again

 Randy Couture will be making an appearance in the next fight at UFC 129 in Ontario, Canada. He is set to square off against Lyoto Machida who is coming off back-to-back losses to Maurico Rua and then Rampage Jackson.

Couture on the other hand is riding a three fight win streak clearing through Mark Coleman, Brandon Vera, and most recently, the infamous boxing-MMA bout against James Toney.

Couture has already retired once from MMA, and is now thinking of hanging up the gloves for good this time around.

"There's a big chance this is my last fight," Couture said on the ESPN UFC Podcast. "I'm not going to be making any official announcements, I don't think anybody would buy it - I already did that once!

"But I'm in terrific shape, I'm feeling confident about Lyoto and dialling into the attack and how we're going to get our hands on him. There's a lot of other things calling me now, and there's a chance this is the last one.

"I've got several other movies lined up, The Expendables 2 is coming up in September, and I've got my other businesses like the clothing company and the extension of the gym.

"Frankly, I'm tired of grinding it out, it's time to enjoy life." 

Source and Article: ESPN.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment