Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bas Goes Hollywood

Bas Rutten makes his first large acting debut in the hopeful summer blockbuster, Zookeeper with funny man and King Of Queens star, Kevin James.

The film, directed by Frank Coraci (“The Wedding Singer,” “The Waterboy”), stars James as a zookeeper, who with the help of the animals in his zoo who reveal they can talk, try to help him gain the attention of the girl of his dreams, played by Leslie Bibb (“Talladega Nights,” “Iron Man” 1 & 2).
Among the stars lending their voices to the animals are Sylvester Stallone (as Joe the Lion), Adam Sandler (as Donald the Monkey), Cher (as Janet the Lioness) and MMA legend Bas Rutten (as Sebastian the Wolf).

Rutten told MMAWeekly.com of how he got involved in “The Zookeeper,” “I’ve know Kevin James for a long time now, about 14 years, he is one of the first friends I made in the U.S.

“I have done many projects with him, like for the ‘King of Queens’ and for Sony we shot the web series ‘Dusty Peacock.’ He likes what I am doing so he asked me if I was interested to be the voice of the wolf in ‘The Zookeeper,’ and needless to say, I said yes.”

Source: MMA Weekly

No comments:

Post a Comment