Friday, June 3, 2011

Chuck O'Neil: TUF Didn't Show Ferguson Properly

Chuck O'Neil says that the actions of fellow teammate Tony Ferguson was much worse in the house than what was aired on television. To escelate the situation, O'Neil was set to fight Ferguson in the semi's this past Wednesday on the show, in a spot in the finals.


The Falmouth, MA, native watched the defeat to Ferguson for the first time this week and said that while it was painful to watch, he had to learn from his mistakes, adding that he felt he kept the emotion of Ferguson's earlier altercation with friend Charlie Rader out of the Octagon.

"I had to put my emotions in check and keep it professional. That was my 4th fight in 17 days and my body was definitely starting to wear down a little bit," he said. "I felt shot, but I wanted to stick it out and handle it like a man. My leg was thinking otherwise because I couldn't stand on it after a while."

While Ferguson came off looking poorly after his drunken night in episode 9, O'Neil said it was actually much worse that what was aired.

"He went up to Zach Davis the day after he was told he could never fight again and was asking 'What's with your eye? What is that, an f'ing joke?' It got really ugly," he said.

"He went up from everyone to Shamar (Bailey) to Ryan (McGillivray) to throwing Nordim (Asrih) on the ground. He got in my face...it was stupid. He was belligerent and out of control. It was a total lack of respect for himself and everyone in that house."

Source: Bloody Elbow

No comments:

Post a Comment