Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Joe Stevenson: I'm Gonna Have to Be Pulled Off

Joe Stevenson has taken personal offense to Javier Vasquez and their upcoming bout.


On a popular MMA messageboard, one of Vazquez's relatives is running a contest in which people are using Photoshop to alter pictures of Stevenson in various ways, some humorous, others far more offensive.

While Stevenson hasn't personally seen the pictures, he worries about his sons finding them online. And because of that, his anger towards Vazquez has grown to the point where he thinks it may cause him to snap during the fight.

Because Vazquez has a record of playing head games, Stevenson said he was expecting something, and even though he doesn't necessarily believe Vazquez's intent was malicious, he is still responsible for what comes out of it.

"I knew he was going to do that before," Stevenson said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "He trains with a lot of the same people I train with back at home. It's something I knew he was going to try to do. But I think he messed up. Rather than being a mind game, it became personal. I really will break something if I get the chance."

Source: MMA Fighting

No comments:

Post a Comment