Thursday, June 23, 2011

Jon Jones Picks Cruz To Beat Faber

In an interview with SB Nation, Jon 'Bones' Jones talked about getting involved with helping overseas refugees in the Middle East and raising awareness during 'their depression' as he puts it.


Luke Thomas: So first time in D.C.?

 Jon Jones: First time.

Luke Thomas: Initial impressions of the city?

Jon Jones: I think it's great. It's beautiful. Very business oriented. Very clean.

Luke Thomas: Let me ask you, before we get into the why you're here, where do you call home?I know that your from New York, Upstate New York but in twelve months of the calendar year, where do you spend most of your time? 

Jon Jones: This last year I spent five of the months in Albuquerque, so Albuquerque was starting to feel like home-away-from home but my actual residence is in Ithaca, New York.

Luke Thomas: And that's where you live the other seven months out of the year? 

Jon Jones: Right.

Luke Thomas: Alright, you're in D.C. today, you're here as I understand it as part of the Refugee advocacy effort. Tell us why you're here.

Jon Jones: I'm here to promote people getting involved with charities and people getting involved with the refugees. Especially the ones in Afghanistan. Being educated on the severity of depression and how bad their economy is over there. I thought that I'd do what I could and give them a shout out and convince others to pay closer attention.

Full Article & Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment