Saturday, June 18, 2011

Mo Money, Mo Problems

Chris 'Cyborg' Santos several weeks back confirmed that she was not receiving any new fights under the Strikeforce banner because of legal issues. She was mum on the details until now.


“I’m pretty sad not to be fighting and I’m trying to renegotiate my contract for a year, but Strkeforce doesn’t want to [make] a deal,” Cyborg told Tatame. “They want to keep paying me what they paid before, but now I’m the event’s champion and I’ve never been defeated in Strikeforce. I just wanted to be recognized.”

And by ‘recognized’, she means paid.

The 25-year-old offers some valid points, but the only issue is that Strikeforce has changed drastically since her last outing. The San Jose, California based organization was purchased by Zuffa, LLC, the parent company of the UFC, this past March. Unfortunately for the Brazilian, UFC president Dana White has long expressed his disinterest in promoting female mixed martial arts.

Source: 5th Round

No comments:

Post a Comment