Saturday, July 9, 2011

Is This Really Chael Sonnen Speaking?

Has Chael Sonnen hired a publicist? Has Chael Sonnen turned over a new leaf? Has Dana finally come cracking down on the heel of the UFC? Who knows, but one things is for sure, this quote has me all warm and tingly on the inside.

"I wasn't ready for a Brian Stann style fight; I was ready to take on a Wanderlei or a Machida or something like that. I'll need to sit down and reevaluate and up the intensity, that's for sure. He's doing such a good job. Rewind to his match with Chris Leben. I really would have lost whatever they would let me bet; I would have lost it all. I thought Leben would beat him. I think Stann's an awesome guy. I didn't think he could get by Leben. Nobody has dominated Chris Leben like that - ever - in his entire career. That was kind of like an 'Oh Wow' moment when I saw that in my living room. That was a special performance. Then they gave him a really easy fight after that, and he went out and did some more great things. Even an easy fight, you've still got to go do the fight, and he did. He's really good."

No comments:

Post a Comment