Monday, July 11, 2011

Manny: I Really Believe That I Won That Fight Fair and Square

Manny Gamburyan gives insight into why he believes he won his last bout against Tyson Griffin in Pittsburgh during UFC on Versus 4.
 
“I stuck with the game plan. I had to move a lot and I had to take his power away.  He’s pretty powerful when you’re in close to him; I had to move a lot.  I had to work on my footwork, which I did, I took him down, and I controlled it.  The thing is, I don’t know how the judges looked at it. I guess leg kicks was the main thing.  But personally, I’m being really honest, I’m an honest guy, I’ll say if I lose, I lose, but I really believe that I won the fight fair and square.”

Gamburyan’s plan was to stifle Griffin with his movement, use his footwork to set up the takedown, and not let the Xtreme Couture fighter find his rhythm and work angles.

“The style of the guys he was fighting like Clay Guida, he fought Sean Sherk, all those guys, and they stand up with him and just exchange with him. This time I stuck with my game plan and moved around, work on my technique and work on my footwork.  I think he never got me in a good punch. I even rocked him once, I took him down, I got on top of him, and never rested on top and put him on his back.  All he did was kick my leg, and I don’t know how you win the game like that, but it’s all good. I’ll come back stronger; it’s not his fault. The referee and the judges really sucked this time.”
Now with the decision loss behind him, the Armenian will look to bounce back and not let his next fight make it to the judges.

No comments:

Post a Comment