Thursday, April 7, 2011

Nick Diaz: Daley Can Have Belt

Nick Diaz has some harsh words for Strikeforce and for possibly his fan base. In a recent interview he was quoted as saying:


"(About UFC buying Strikeforce) Honestly, I don't understand this whole thing. I'm way too busy training. It's hard for me to understand what's going on. But I knew there was a reason why I never strapped that belt around my waist. Whatever, champion, whatever. (Paul Daley) can have the belt. I'm fighting for money."


"I don't feel like a champion right now that the UFC bought this organization. I don't understand all that. I thought we were competing with the UFC. I thought my belt was potentially just as important as the UFC belt and we had the best fighters here (in Strikeforce); more technical martial artists and stand-up fighters."


"But now this is all about going to the UFC so I don't care about the Strikeforce belt. There was a reason why I never put that shit on anyways."

 




He says this coming into the fight at this point less than 48 hours away. Is this is insight into the fighter coming into the cage or will Diaz be the same? Will the lack of luster for the belt have gotten into his head too much? Is the paycheck enough to fight more tough because Zuffa can potentially pay more?

Let us know your thoughts and check out: Bloody Elbow

No comments:

Post a Comment