Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Nate Talks Gameplan

Nate Marquardt gets ready for his upcoming bout with Rick Story June 26th in the next UFC Live card.


Originally slated to take on Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson, an injury sidelined the rising star and now the instantly famous Rick Story will be filling the spot.

Rick Story is coming off of an impressive win over Thiago Alves via unanimous decision at UFC 130. This bout may establish a top 3 welterweight contender and a possible future title shot. Marquardt talks about a few things coming up on this very important contest.

On the weight cut:
My weight right now is really good.  I’m really not worried about the weight cut.  It’s something I’ve done in the past and this time I actually have a dietitian helping me out.  I’m really not worried, I’m just focused on the fight.  The weight cut’s nothing serious for me.

Game plan for Rick Story:
There’s a lot of differences between [Rick Story] and Anthony Johnson, obviously.  My game plan against Johnson was very basic and my game plan against story is also very basic.  So it’s not a huge change for me.  A last minute change like that, it can be tough if it’s a huge difference in game plans, but for me it’s not.

What a win would mean for his career:
I guess it will put me at the top [of the welterweight division].  Rick’s a very tough guy.  He just beat Alves, who is a former world title contender.  I’m just excited for the opportunity.

Read Full Article

No comments:

Post a Comment