Wednesday, June 15, 2011

UFC Signs Heavyweight Hopeful Stipe Miocic

Heavyweight fighter Stipe Miocic has signed a four fight deal with the UFC.


Sporting the Mirko Cro Cop shorts, the 28 year old fighter from Idaho falls nothing short of a carbon copy. Precise kicks an legs strikes are his main weapon and proved very powerful in his last bout on June 4th at NAAFS - Fight Night in the Flats.

He administered leg strikes to the front leg of his opponent and had him limping and retreating like a wounded animal. In the second round, towards the closing minutes he punished Bobby Brents' knees until he fell to the canvas, tapping and writhing in pain.

Winning the heavyweight title, he now must forfeit the belt for a shot in the biggest stage of the world. Miocic had this to say:

“My goal has been to become a UFC champion.” I am grateful to Joe Silva and Dana White for the opportunity to live my dream.” said Miocic. “I am anxious and ready to begin my UFC career and to show the UFC and fans around the world what I’m all about.”

Full Article

No comments:

Post a Comment