Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dan Henderson Talks TRT And His Own Experiences Since 2007

Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) has become a hot topic in mixed martial arts during the last 12 months. Often overlooked in the discussion is Dan Henderson, who’s been using the treatment for more than four years. Henderson was the first athlete to ever receive a therapeutic exemption for TRT in Nevada, prior to a fight against Wanderlei Silva in 2007.


“My levels were so low they were off the charts,” Henderson told ESPN.com. “I was always tired and getting sick a lot.

“I couldn’t even tell you [how to abuse it]. I’ve never gone above normal ranges. All I know is that I’m not as tired and I don’t get as sick as I used to.”

“I always (monitor my testosterone levels when not in competition) on my own just to cover my own ass."

“The only time people get monitored now is at the fights. I think it might be good to have stricter monitoring where people are getting tested throughout the year.”

Full Article

No comments:

Post a Comment