Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Jake Shields: Who Is Jake Elleberger?

"I don't really know who the guy is," Shields told MMAjunkie.com Radio. "That's my statement. I have no opinion of the guy yet. I guess I don't even know if I don't like him or not. I just hear he keeps talking crap. I don't know. I'm not sure why because I don't even know who he is."


"I'm not saying he's not a good fighter. I just find it kind of amusing. This guy apparently has some kind of beef with me for some reason. Maybe I stole one of his girlfriends or something."

"I wanted B.J. Penn or Jon Fitch. Carlos Condit. I wanted one of the names people know. But you know, when the UFC calls and asks me to fight someone, I'm not someone who's going to avoid it, so I said, 'Sure, I'll take the fight.'

"I think I need to go out there and make a statement with Ellenberger. Obviously, my goal is to get that title, but I'm not really worried about that too much right now. I need to focus on Ellenberger and make a statement – show that I have made big improvements from the last fight to this."

Jake Shields fights Jake Ellenberger at "UFC Fight Night 25: Shields vs. Ellenberger," Sept. 17 in New Orleans, LA.

Full Article

No comments:

Post a Comment