Monday, July 11, 2011

DREAM Talking Beyond July 16th Show, Sakuraba Is Back!

In an interview with Full Contact Fighter, former Dream Featherweight champion Bibiano Fernandes said that he would be taking part in an upcoming Dream event:

My manager told me that I'm going to fight September 25th. I'm waiting to see what opponent DREAM gives me, but they say I'm going to be fighting.

This will be Fernandes's first fight since losing the Dream title to Hiroyuki Takaya at Dynamite!! 2010. In the past year Fernandes has publicly stated his frustration with not being paid everything owed to him by Dream parent company FEG. Hopefully his participation here means he received what he was owed.

Other rumors for this card include former Sengoku Lightweight champion Satoru Kitaoka making his Dream debut, and the return of Kazushi Sakuraba. The Japanese legend has not competed since suffering a gruesome ear injury at Dynamite!! 2010. Hayato "Mach" Sakurai has been mentioned as a possible Sakuraba opponent.

Full Article

No comments:

Post a Comment