Monday, July 11, 2011

John 'Doomsday' Howard Cut By UFC

I guess we won't be seeing the Anthony Johnson - John Howard grudge match any time soon. Howard has been released from the UFC following three straight losses. "Doomsday" released a video through his twitter today to confirm his departure from the company.

"Hey guys, what's up MMA world, Doomsday fans and all. Yeah the rumors is true, I got released today, the day they finally announced it. And um, the only thing I can say is...it is what it is man, you get three straight losses in the UFC and this is what happens. You know, you get kicked out of the UFC. You know, I'm not too mad about it. I tried my best. My last fight with Matt Brown, I didn't think I lost but you know when it goes to the judges, that's what happens.

My plans right now is to either go to Bellator or Dream. Or something else man, whoever makes me the best offer, I'ma go there man. Make some money, that's my goal right now. To the UFC, Dana White, Joe Silva, thank you for the opportunity but you know, right now I'm a UFC veteran, I'm gonna make some money offa that name, you know. I'm gonna make some...a lot more money now, probably. (laughs). Thank you MMA fans, thank you for the supporters, but yeah...I'm not quitting, I'm coming back and you'll see me soon."

Full Article

No comments:

Post a Comment